Rawreth Parish Council

Minutes of the 2020 Meetings 

 

 MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF RAWRETH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 4th March 2020 7.30pm AT THE VILLAGE HALL RAWRETH

                                          Present: Cllr. A Matthews

                                                     Cllr. P Beckers

                                                     Cllr. Mrs M Beckers

                                                     Cllr. M Collins

                                                     Cllr. Mrs D Jones

 

In Attendance:  The Clerk, 6 Members of the public, County Councillor Malcolm Maddocks and District Councillor Chris Stanley

 

227. RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Mrs S Wiltshire.

 

228. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Cllr Mark Collins declared an interest in any item regarding the Laburnum Culvert by way of being a resident of the development. Cllr Alistir Matthews Item 246 by way of being a land owner.

 

229. TO APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. Minutes of the meeting held on the 5th of February 2020 were approved by the Members unaltered and accordingly the Chairman signed them as a true copy.

 

230. MATTERS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. The Clerk gave a general village update to Members.

 

231. COUNCILLOR VACANY. There were no applications for the Parish Councillor vacancy.

 

232. VILLAGE REPORT- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

a. The road bollards outside the Day Nursery in Church Road are broken and are dangerous, the Clerk advised that these are showing on the ECC interactive system reported defaults map.

b. Lights out in Rawreth Lane, but these have been reported by Cllr Collins on the ECC interactive system.

c. The Clerk advised Members that unfortunately, the day before the meeting another deceased foal had been in the Parish on the A129, not far from the last one, the Clerk advised she was asked to assist  by RDC as they were unsure of its location due to the information from the member of the public who had reported it, the Clerk said she has a good working relationship with the Street Scenes Officer and was happy to try and assist, which she did and on locating the foal covered it from public view and advised Caroline Bell at RDC that Martins Equine Cremation Services would need to attend, she also reported it to the RSPCA and asked it to be linked to the last case number.

 

233.  DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT- District Councillor Chris Stanley reported the following.

a. The cleaning of the road bollards in Rawreth Lane had taken place.

b. The broken bollards outside the Day Nursery in Church Road have been reported.

c. The potholes in Rawreth have been reported, repairs have already taken place in Downhall Road and Rawreth Lane, the ones by Asda still need to be repaired as do the bollards on the junction of Priory Chase and Rawreth Lane.

d. Spoken to Marcus Hotten at RDC about the Section 106 Agreement for Silver City, raised kerbs for bus stops and more bus stops have been requested, it has also been asked for the 106 Agreement to be reformulated to include a crossing to Little Wheatley Chase and one other. It has also been requested that the Parish receives some benefit from the site at Grange Villas, the affordable housing may produce some money for other things. Cllr Matthews advised Cllr Stanley that the Grange Villa site doesn’t actually fall within the Parish.

e. The grill at the Laburnum Culvert has been cleared and should now be working well, the waste that was cleared was removed by RDC.

 

 

 

f. There is a consultation for CCTV in Rayleigh if anyone has anything to add.

g. New PCSO’s are being put into Rayleigh and surrounding area.

h. Meeting with the Police last night, said Rawreth wants to see more patrols.

 

County Cllr Malcolm Maddocks reported the following.

 

a.The Silver City site, Grange Villas falls under Cllr Lumley’s division but is nearly within mine, we have been trying for a year to get a crossing on the A129, and get Silver City involved, suggesting improvements to the traffic island, ECC and the LHP will support but we need Silver City to progress things. No timeline has been suggested, the utility companies will be working one after the other, I will be seeing my LHP officer on Friday for updates.

b. There appears to have been a breakdown in communication over the last few months, I will chase up outstanding matters, The Clerk advised Cllr Maddocks that she had  sent a reply to both his and Daniels email pointing out the inaccuracies of some of the information, in particular the  Rural Footpath in Old London Road.

b. The missing bollard from the pedestrian underpass in Old London Road should be an LHP request, the Clerk disputed this point and said it is a maintenance repair as it’s damaged, Cllr Maddocks advised he would look into this.

c. Cllr Bently will not be responding or replying to any emails from the Parish Council, the Clerk advised Cllr Maddocks why it had been necessary to go down the route of involving Cllr Bentley in the first place, and it was agreed that things should now just be moved forward.

d. Been made aware that there is an email from MP Mark Francois to Cllr Bentley that has not been replied to, Cllr Maddocks will speak to Cllr Bentley about this and email Peter Plummer directly (The Clerk to provide Cllr Maddocks with Peter’s email address)

 

234.  FINANCE. a. Cheques for approval.

CHQ 101264   H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Mileage £4.19. Approved and signed.

CHQ 101265 J A Pinkerton Maintenance £1440.00. Approved and signed.

 

235.  PUBLIC PARTICIPATION- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

a. Rawreth Flood Action Group is still having great difficulty getting replies to correspondence regarding meetings, in particular with regards to the Section 106 Agreement for Flood Alleviation works.

 

236. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE. None

 

237. FLOODING IN THE PARISH- The Clerk reported that during recent heavy rain storms full checks of the Parish vulnerable points had been undertaken by herself and Cllr Matthews and Collins, there were also reports from residents, thankfully there were no incidents of flooding but the river was extremely high, and it was felt the low tide had played a part in no reported floods.

 

238. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK PROPOSALS AND THE ALLOCATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT DOCUMENTS AND PLANS. The Clerk reported that on the morning of the meeting, herself, Cllr Matthews and Cllr Collins had attended a meeting at the Countryside site to discuss how the site is progressing and look at the proposed allotment site, the Clerk reported how impressed they all were with the site, and in particular, the flood alleviation works that have been included on site, the Clerk reported that a lot of planning and thought has gone into the site in general, and added that a meeting would now take place with the Parish Council, Countryside and Peter Plummer from Rawreth Flood Action Group on site to go through the flood alleviation systems that have been installed. 

 

239. UPDATES REGARDING ENFORCEMENT CASES IN THE PARISH and REPORTED PROBLEMS BEING MONITORED IN THE PARISH.

a. Land Drain London Road (adjacent to Claremont) No update or progress to report with regards to the problem with the land drain disgorging onto the pavement.

b. Travellers Site (A1245).  No update or progress to report with regards to Enforcement following the appeal hearing decision given on the 7th of December 2011

c. Old London Road Speed Restrictions and other matters. No update to report.

d. Beeches Road Weight Restrictions and Beeches Road and Watery Lane Flooding. Council to discuss any developments regarding Beeches Road/Watery Lane.  No update to report. Note the road will be closed for 5 days from the 16th of March between the hours of 9am and 3pm.

 

 

 

e. Bedloes Avenue. No updates to report with regards to the Council’s request for an off street parking area in Bedloes Avenue.

f. Laburnum Culvert. A meeting has been arranged by ECC, RDC and other parties on the 21st of April 2020, RPC will be attending

 

240. TO RECEIVE REPRESENTATIVES WRITTEN REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED OR MATTERS TO RAISE AT FORTHCOMING MEETINGS.  None.

 

241. RHALC. None.

 

242. PRIVATE SECURITY AND ESSEX POLICE. The Clerk gave a report to Members on the previous month’s security patrols, which included the team attending to an unresponsive male, and them taking part in a BBC local news broadcast.  

 

243. PARISH EMERGENCY PLAN- The Clerk confirmed she is progressing the Plan.

 

244. COMMUNITY GARDEN- Nothing to report other than the Community Garden is looking good.

 

245.  TRAINING- The Clerk advised Members that she had details of available training courses.

 

246. REINSTATEMENT OF FOOTPATHS/BRIDLE WAYS IN THE PARISH. Nothing to report.

 

247. PLANNING MATTERS- Council considered 4 applications and the Clerk will respond to RDC.

 

248. COUNCIL TO DISCUSS LHP SCHEMES AND REQUESTS MADE BY THE COUNCIL FOR WORKS WITIN THE PARISH. See item 233.

 

249. COUNCIL TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE  FROM  THE CLERK REGARDING THE PROPOSED FIRST AID TRAINING FROM IAN DAVEY, VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR FOR ESSEX COMMUNITY FIRST AID EVENT VOLUNTEERS.  The Clerk confirmed that the date set for the Essex Community First Aid training is Saturday the 13th of June 2020, between 10am and 5pm with lunch provided by the Parish Council for all attendees.  The Clerk advised that she would advertise the details of the training via email and the Parish Magazine.

 

250. RE CAP OF AGENDA ITEMS ON WHICH THE PUBLIC MAY WISH TO COMMENT. None.

 

251. ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA.  a) Community Garden b) Flooding in the Parish. c) LDF d) RHALC e) Emergency Plan f) Update on all outstanding Enforcement cases g) Reinstatement of footpaths and bridleways h) Private Security i) Parking in Old London Road j) First Aid Courses k) Clerks pension 

 

252. DATE &VENUE OF NEXT MEETING- Council confirmed the date and time of the next Meeting as Wednesday 1st April 2020 7.30pm in the Rawreth Village Hall. 

 

The Meeting closed at 21.35pm    

 

DATED……………………………CHAIRMAN

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF RAWRETH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 5th February 2020 7.30pm AT THE VILLAGE HALL RAWRETH

                                          Present: Cllr. A Matthews

                                                     Cllr. P Beckers

                                                     Cllr. Mrs M Beckers

                                                     Cllr. M Collins

                                                     Cllr. Mrs S Wiltshire

                                                     Cllr. Mrs D Jones

 

In Attendance:  The Clerk, 21 Members of the public and District Councillor Chris Stanley

 

 

202. RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. None

 

203. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Cllr Mark Collins declared an interest in any item regarding the Laburnum Culvert by way of being a resident of the development. Cllr Alistir Matthews Item 220 by way of being a land owner.

 

204. TO APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. Minutes of the meeting held on the 8th of January 2020 were approved by the Members unaltered and accordingly the Chairman signed them as a true copy.

 

205. MATTERS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. 184. b reported and being inspected by ECC Highways, the Clerk will chase.  184. c An answer to the question raised by Cllr Stanley was sent to him directly by the Clerk prior to the Meeting.

 

206. VILLAGE REPORT- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

a. Potholes at Goose Cottages have still not been repaired, Cllr Beckers is going into County Hall to complain about this now.

b. Traffic light at Bedloes Corner the nearside lane traffic light when heading east to west, has been knocked over.

c. Bollards outside Wolsey Park in Rawreth Lane are not always clean and are difficult to see as they are reflective not lit.

d. Residents have commented on the height of stored materials at the hire company site in Battlesbridge Mill.

e. The hedges and bushes have now been cut back in Church Road and all road signs have been cleaned.

f. The Clerk reported on Saturday the 11th of January and deceased foal was found in the entrance to the ECC chippings bay in Old London Road, the Clerk confirmed she had dealt with the matter alongside the RSPCA. The Clerk advised that she had arranged for Martins Equine Cremation Services to come out straight away and had paid the bill directly as the Council don’t have an account, hence item 208.a being reimbursement of the payment she made, the Clerk went on to confirm that she had since spoken to RDC who have agreed to refund the council the bill in its entirety as the Clerk had fulfilled their requirement in having the foal collected.

g. Hedges in Beeches Road need to be cut back.

 

207.  DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT-  District Councillor Chris Stanley spoke to advise he  had attended a meeting earlier that day with Countryside about the bollards in Rawerth Lane, he advised that all lit bollards will be replaced reflective ones and new road signs installed. He confirmed that cleaning does take place but the weather is not helping. Cllr Stanley then advised that he had recently attended a Flood Forum meeting, he confirmed the forum hadn’t met since November 2018, Cllr Stanley advised that at the meeting he spoke to Richard Baronowski ECC about blocked drains in the Parish and about the blocked pipe at the end of Church Road, together with the camber of Church Road, Cllr Stanley also advised that he has requested  a meeting with Richard and  Roger Webster EA  as their hasn’t been any communication from them, Marcus Hotten had advised Cllr Stanley he would

 

 

be arranging one.  Cllr Stanley then advised that David Chapman ECC had told him that the Flood Improvement Fund was removed in 2018/2019 due to financial pressure, however ECC are aware that Rawreth continues to have problems and therefore if required will be assisted in making an application for funding as there still funding available for communities in need.  Cllr Stanley then advised that the Laburnum Way Culvert now has a completed design scheme for works, this has been completed by the LHP, he further advised that the grill is owned by the EA and therefore Greenbelt who have been carrying out the maintenance of the culvert do not want to get involved with the grill. Cllr Stanley advised that he had been invited to attend a meeting on the 21st of April, the Clerk confirmed that the Parish Council received the same email invite.

 

208.  FINANCE. a. Cheques for approval.

CHQ 101259   H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Mileage £4.19 Approved and signed.

CHQ 101260 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Martins Equine Cremation Services Bill £420.00 Approved and signed.

CHQ 101261 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of stationery £29.69 Approved and signed.

CHQ 101262 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Broadband costs £50.58 Approved and signed.

CHQ 101263 Anglian Water Business £356.97 Approved and signed.

 

209.  PUBLIC PARTICIPATION- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

a. A parcel of land has been sold between St John’s Drive and Beke Hall Chase, since the sale of the land a lot of changes have taken place, hedging and bushes have been ripped out, post and rail fencing has been erected to the perimeter, a close board high fence between the land and the adjoining property and large wide gates have now been installed and formed an entrance.  The owners have been working on site and stated that the land is to be used for grazing of horses, what assurances can be given that the land will not be developed?

b. A request was made by Peter Plummer to meet with a couple of  Members from RPA before the next meeting just to bring them  up to speed on what meetings have been attended by RFAG and what information they have gathered and are still outstanding, Cllr Matthews agreed this could take place.

c. The Enforcement Notice for the Academy Soccer site has still not progressed despite several requests for updates and answers as to why the matter is taking so long.

d. The Chichester Hotel have started to put advertising banners up again, this time on privately owned fences.

 

210. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE (to note).  Letters from Mr David Collins and the Rt Hon Mark Francois MP.

 

211. FLOODING IN THE PARISH- See item 213.f, no further updates were reported.

 

212. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK PROPOSALS AND THE ALLOCATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT DOCUMENTS AND PLANS. The Clerk advised Members that an onsite meeting with Countryside is still awaited, this has been delayed due to the ground conditions on site which have meant gaining access to the proposed allotment site hasn’t been possible. The Clerk will update Members asap

 

213. UPDATES REGARDING ENFORCEMENT CASES IN THE PARISH and REPORTED PROBLEMS BEING MONITORED IN THE PARISH.

a. Land Drain London Road (adjacent to Claremont) No update or progress to report with regards to the problem with the land drain disgorging onto the pavement.

b. Travellers Site (A1245).  No update or progress to report with regards to Enforcement following the appeal hearing decision given on the 7th of December 2011

c. Old London Road Speed Restrictions and other matters. No update to report.

d. Beeches Road Weight Restrictions and Beeches Road and Watery Lane Flooding. Council to discuss any developments regarding Beeches Road/Watery Lane.  No update to report.

e. Bedloes Avenue. No updates to report with regards to the Council’s request for an off street parking area in Bedloes Avenue.

f. Laburnum Culvert. A meeting has been arranged by ECC, RDC and other parties on the 21st of April 2020, RPC will be attending.

 

214. TO RECEIVE REPRESENTATIVES WRITTEN REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED OR MATTERS TO RAISE AT FORTHCOMING MEETINGS.  None.

 

215. RHALC. Minutes were circulated prior to the Meeting and Cllr Matthews provided a verbal update.

 

216. PRIVATE SECURITY AND ESSEX POLICE. The Clerk advised that patrols of the Parish are continuing with incidents of both antisocial behaviour and fly-tipping continuing to decrease.

 

217. PARISH EMERGENCY PLAN- The Clerk confirmed she is progressing the Plan.

 

218. COMMUNITY GARDEN- The Clerk advised that James Pinkerton has continued to carry out maintenance within the Parish including cutting back hedges and bushes in Old London Road and Church Road for both pedestrian and vehicle safety, cleaning of road signs to ensure that speed limits and warning signs can now been seen. In addition James has tidied up the land around the Village sign, with the addition of new oak posts, a lot of the work around the sign being carried out by James without charge. The Clerk was asked to thank James for all his hard work.

 

219.  TRAINING- The Clerk advised Members that she had details of available training courses.

 

 220. REINSTATEMENT OF FOOTPATHS/BRIDLE WAYS IN THE PARISH. The Clerk confirmed that she had circulated details of the latest consultation.

 

221. PLANNING MATTERS- a) Council to considered the following applications which were received prior to the Meeting but not dealt with under Delegated Power.

19/01023/REM No Comment.  19/01124/FUL  The Clerk was asked to provide some additional information about the land and its use.  19/01125/FUL No Comment .  02/00026/FUL No Comment.

 

222. COUNCIL TO DISCUSS LHP SCHEMES AND REQUESTS MADE BY THE COUNCIL FOR WORKS WITIN THE PARISH. The Clerk advised Members that no update has been received from Cllr Maddocks despite several requests and escalating the matter to Cllr Bennett which had also received no reply. The Clerk advised that she has now asked how to raise this matter as a complaint.

 

223. COUNCIL TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE  FROM  THE CLERK REGARDING THE PROPOSED FIRST AID TRAINING FROM IAN DAVEY, VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR FOR ESSEX COMMUNITY FIRST AID EVENT VOLUNTEERS.  Members discussed holding a First Aid Course and agreed the course should be a six hour course, held on a Saturday, starting at 10am, without charge to attendees, Members also agreed to provide lunch. The Clerk was asked to liaise with Ian and a suitable venue and arrange a date.

 

224. RE CAP OF AGENDA ITEMS ON WHICH THE PUBLIC MAY WISH TO COMMENT. None.

 

225. ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA.  a) Community Garden b) Flooding in the Parish. c) LDF d) RHALC e) Emergency Plan f) Update on all outstanding Enforcement cases g) Reinstatement of footpaths and bridleways h) Private Security i) Parking in Old London Road j) First Aid Courses k) Clerks pension 

 

201. DATE &VENUE OF NEXT MEETING- Council confirmed the date and time of the next Meeting as Wednesday 4th Marc 2020 7.30pm in the Rawreth Village Hall.  The Meeting closed at 22.30pm    

 

DATED……………………………CHAIRMAN

 

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF RAWRETH PARISH COUNCIL HELD ON 8th January 2020 7.30pm AT THE VILLAGE HALL RAWRETH

 

                                          Present: Cllr. A Matthews

 

                                                     Cllr. P Beckers

 

                                                     Cllr. Mrs M Beckers

 

                                                     Cllr. M Collins

 

                                                     Cllr. Mrs D Jones

 

In Attendance:  The Clerk, 9 Members of the public and District Councillor Chris Stanley

 

Cllr Matthews opened the Meeting and told everyone present that Mr Les Buck, a long standing resident of the Parish had kindly hand crafted and donated a beautiful Gavel made from English Oak for the Chairman to use at meetings, Members commented on what a lovely gesture this was and the Clerk was asked to send  a letter of thanks.

 

 

 

176. RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE. Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Mrs S Wiltshire.

 

 

 

177. TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST. Cllr Mark Collins declared an interest in any item regarding the Laburnum Culvert by way of being a resident of the development. Cllr Alistir Matthews Item 195 by way of being a land owner.

 

 

 

178. TO APPROVE MINUTES OF LAST MEETING. Minutes of the meeting held on the 4th of December 2019 were approved by the Members unaltered and accordingly the Chairman signed them as a true copy.

 

 

 

179. MATTERS FOR INFORMATION ONLY.155.b Signs will need to be made to order, 158.e signs have been purchased.

 

 

 

180. VILLAGE REPORT- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

 

a. Several street lights are out in the Parish but they have been reported.

 

b. Potholes at Goose Cottages have still not been repaired.

 

c. More buildings appear to have been added to the Traveller site on the A1245.

 

d. Trees and hedging at the top of Church Road has been cut back, from Goose Cottages in Chelmsford Road to the bend will be done shortly.

 

e. Speed signs and warning signs in Church Road are overgrown and filthy and some of the road still has bushes and hedgerow overhanging the paths and road.

 

 

 

Members discussed the idea of dividing the Parish into assigned areas for each Councillor so that residents have a point of contact specifically for their concerns. It was agreed that each Member would have the area that they deliver the Annual Parish Meeting invites to, the Clerk confirmed she would produce this list and publish it in the Parish Magazine.

 

 

 

181.  DISTRICT AND COUNTY COUNCILLORS REPORT- Cllr Stanley advised that he has reported the mud on the road outside the development in Rawreth Lane and stated that the road signs are not reflective because they are so dirty and urged Members to report them too.  

 

 

 

182.  FINANCE. a. Cheques for approval.

 

CHQ 101255   H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Mileage £4.19 Approved and signed.

 

CHQ 101256 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of BT Broadband £60.99 Approved and signed.

 

CHQ 101257 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of Quarterly Office Expenses £53.50 Approved and signed.

 

CHQ 101258 H L Bloomfield reimbursement of BT Broadband £39.04 Approved and signed.

 

 

 

b. Members to review the Clerks salary.  Members agreed that an allowance should be made in the budget for the forthcoming financial year for an increase in the Clerks salary.

 

 

 

c. Budget and Precept - Council reviewed the Budget and Precept for 2020/2021.  Members agreed the Precept for the year commencing 1st April 2020 as a Precept of £35,000.00 an increase of £10,000.00 on the previous year agreed to incorporate the Councils plans to continue employing a Private Security Company to do nightly patrols and to allow them to undertake maintenance work around the Parish where other agencies fail to respond. The increased Precept will alter the basic Council Tax Base by £19.12.   The proposal was made by Cllr Mark Collins and seconded by Cllr Paul Beckers and unanimously agreed by the remaining members. The Clerk was thanked for preparing the Budget.

 

d. Members to review the Clerks Pension entitlement. Cllr Mark Collins confirmed he would be meeting the Clerk to discuss this.

 

e. Members were advised by the Clerk that the recording device owned by her had adequately recording the December Meeting and therefore there was no need to purchase another device.

 

 

 

183. CHIEF INSPECTOR DAVID MILES ESSEX POLICE. Sgt Liz Bailey and another officer attended the meeting and gave apologies from Chief Inspector David Miles as he was unable to attend. Sgt Bailey asked the Clerk to brief her on the reason for the visit as she had not had time to do any research as it had been a very last minute cover for CI Miles. The Clerk advised of the problems that the Parish faces, from burglaries, speeding, parking, drug dealing, but stated that it was probably best to hear from residents how they are affected by crime in the Parish. Residents reported that they have repeatedly moaned that they felt forgotten by the police and that it is only since CI Miles took over that they finally feel like they are being heard. PCSO’s have made visits, patrol signs have been put up and with the already employed private security firm residents are starting to feel more protected. The Problems have been a series of burglaries within a small area of the Parish, the parking on the main road and verges caused by both the football clubs who between them have 19 pitches and allow vehicles using their sites to park outside of the ground causing a dangerous obstruction on a de-restricted road meaning anyone trying to walk along Old London or ride a horse is placed in danger.  The main bridleway runs has an entrance between to the two grounds, 30 riders use this bridleway but have to battle the volume of traffic, speeding motorist and the parking to get there. Stephen from S-Type Security then gave an overview of the types of incidents he has seen whilst patrolling the Parish and the positive results that are being seen by the presence of a patrol, as well as burglaries and attempted burglaries there have been a lot of instances of antisocial behaviour, drug taking, possibly dealing, nuisance noise and fly tipping, Stephen said he is quite often subjected to verbal abuse and registration numbers of cars are taken and given to the Clerk. Sgt Bailey read out the crime statistics, but unfortunately they weren’t shown as either Downhall or Rawreth, just overall figures. Sgt Bailey advised that a new Sgt was now joining the team and that she would pass all the concerns raised to him so that he could liaise with the Clerk and residents. The police were thanked for attending the meeting.

 

 

 

184.  PUBLIC PARTICIPATION- The following matters around the Parish were mentioned, where necessary the Clerk will investigate.

 

a. Is there any progress with regards to the Enforcement Notice for the Academy Soccer Site?

 

b. Outside the Community Garden just in front of the thatched cottage there is a large puddle appearing in the road.

 

c. Was there a response from RDC regarding CIL payments, the Clerk advised that she had spoken directly to Shaun Scrutton who advised that RDC do not receive funds from CIL but via Section 106 Agreements.  Will they be receiving money under a Section 106 Agreement from the Housing Association for the affordable housing element. The Clerk advised she would enquire.

 

d. Old London Road, Church Road were heavily flooded on the 17th, 21st and 22nd of December, Cllr Matthews went and checked the brook and confirmed that it was a tidal block which was causing the high levels, Watery Lane was flooded too.  Cllr Matthews confirmed that the high tide caused a lot of problems alongside the heavy rainfall.

 

e. Water from the Fairglen Interchange is being pumped somewhere else, maybe the St Johns Drive area, Peter Plummer was asked to provide all the information he has to the Clerk.

 

f. Cllr Stanley reported a comment from Rayleigh TC that the modelling for the system at the Laburnum Culvert is still being looked at, or that is the rumour, and the Environment Agency are looking at different designs for the grill, Peter Plummer has suggested they be angled.

 

 

 

185. GENERAL CORRESPONDENCE

 

a. An enquiry raised by a resident regarding parking on the verges in the Village was read out to Members, but following discussion it was agreed that the Parish Council would have no power to enforce any parking restrictions and cannot apply any.

 

b. It was acknowledged by Members that thank you letters received from, The Harbour Club, Rawreth Group RDA, St Nicholas PCC, Peaceful Place, Interact, Victim Support and Ravs.

 

 

 

186. FLOODING IN THE PARISH-  See item 184

 

 

 

187. LOCAL DEVELOPMENT FRAMEWORK PROPOSALS AND THE ALLOCATIONS AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT DOCUMENTS AND PLANS The Clerk advised that she is waiting for a call

 

 

 

and update from William Woods at Countryside Properties to arrange a site meeting as she is now in receipt of the new Transfer document for the allotment land.

 

 

 

188. UPDATES REGARDING ENFORCEMENT CASES IN THE PARISH and REPORTED PROBLEMS BEING MONITORED IN THE PARISH.

 

a. Land to the West of the Pumping Station. It was agreed by Members to remove this item from the next Agenda.

 

b. Land Drain London Road (adjacent to Claremont) No update or progress to report with regards to the problem with the land drain disgorging onto the pavement.

 

c. Travellers Site (A1245).  No update or progress to report with regards to Enforcement following the appeal hearing decision given on the 7th of December 2011

 

d. Old London Road Speed Restrictions and other matters. See item 197.

 

e. Beeches Road Weight Restrictions and Beeches Road and Watery Lane Flooding. Council to discuss any developments regarding Beeches Road/Watery Lane.  No update to report.

 

f. Bedloes Avenue. No updates to report with regards to the Council’s request for an off street parking area in Bedloes Avenue.

 

g. Laburnum Culvert. No update to report regarding the planned LHP works to the culvert. Cllr Collins reported that the Culvert has been coping during the heavy rain but that the grate was quite heavily clogged up with debris.

 

 

 

189. TO RECEIVE REPRESENTATIVES WRITTEN REPORTS OF MEETINGS ATTENDED OR MATTERS TO RAISE AT FORTHCOMING MEETINGS. Nothing to report.  Cllr Collins reported that the next Transport Meeting is scheduled for the 4th of March 2020.

 

 

 

190. RHALC. Cllr Matthews confirmed that the next meeting is scheduled for the 16th of January 2020.

 

 

 

191. PRIVATE SECURITY AND ESSEX POLICE.  The Clerk gave a report on the work carried out by S-Type Security during the preceding month. Also see item 183.

 

 

 

192. PARISH EMERGENCY PLAN- The Clerk confirmed she is progressing the Plan

 

 

 

193. COMMUNITY GARDEN- Nothing to report.

 

 

 

194.  TRAINING-. The Clerk advised Members that she had details of available training courses.

 

 

 

195. REINSTATEMENT OF FOOTPATHS/BRIDLE WAYS IN THE PARISH. Nothing to report.

 

 

 

196. PLANNING MATTERS- There were no planning applications received prior to the Meeting which had not been dealt with under Delegated Power.

 

 

 

197. COUNCIL TO DISCUSS LHP SCHEMES AND REQUESTS MADE BY THE COUNCIL FOR WORKS WITIN THE PARISH. The Clerk advised Members that she had still not received any updates from Cllr Maddocks, not directly or through Cllr Kevin Bentley, the matters outstanding and needing updates are the Laburnum Culvert,  Old London Road subsidence, London Road A129 speed restriction.  Members requested that the Clerk contact Cllr Bentley again, and if need be escalate the matter.

 

 

 

198. COUNCIL TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE  FROM  THE CLERK REGARDING THE PROPOSED FIRST AID TRAINING FROM IAN DAVEY, VOLUNTEER CO-ORDINATOR FOR ESSEX COMMUNITY FIRST AID EVENT VOLUNTEERS.  The Clerk advised that she had spoken to Ian Davey about running a first aid course in the New Year. The Clerk advised that she would be speaking to the Village Hall Committee to see what dates were available for the hall to be used and would then put some suggested dates together.

 

 

 

199. RE CAP OF AGENDA ITEMS ON WHICH THE PUBLIC MAY WISH TO COMMENT .  District Cllr Chris Stanley advised that footpath 267 at Dollymans Farm in now closed.

 

 

 

200. ITEMS FOR NEXT AGENDA.  a) Community Garden b) Flooding in the Parish. c) LDF d) RHALC e) Emergency Plan f) Update on all outstanding Enforcement cases g) Reinstatement of footpaths and bridleways h) Private Security i) Parking in Old London Road j) First Aid Courses k) Clerks pension 

 

201. DATE &VENUE OF NEXT MEETING- Council confirmed the date and time of the next Meeting as Wednesday 5th February 2020 7.30pm in the Rawreth Village Hall.  The Meeting closed at 21.29pm    

 

 

 

DATED……………………………CHAIRMAN